Monday, December 10, 2012

Influenster: College Voxbox Review

Pardon the quality, I used my Ipod Touch 4g to take it.

Last month I got chosen to receive a college voxbox from Influenster, a site where they let users test out products and spread the word about the products via social media. I was actually surprised that I got chosen since I graduated last year but happy nonetheless. Below are the contents of what I received along with my review of each item.

ImPress Press-On Manicure
Although I really wanted to try this, I received the one with the neon pink with leopard print which are definitely not my style. Wish they would have sent out something that was more neutral or asked us which colors/styles we preferred before sending a random one out to us.

NYC New York Color Show Time Glitter Eye-liner Pencil
I was excited to try this out since I haven't been using drugstore eyeliners for a while since I felt that most of them were harsh and did not glide smoothly on my lids. However this one did, I love the way the color looks and it definitely could be worn casually, I mean after all its black eyeliner. I did not like that it smudges, after about an hour or so it happened, wish it was waterproof. Good for the price ($2.49) but I would not buy it.

Necco Tropical Wafers
I remember eating these from Valentines day when I was little and like most people I did not like the plain taste of them and the chalky taste as people have described. But when I opened my college voxbox all I could smell was this product, and it was good! I tried a few and can say that I have come to enjoy them now more than before, its a great candy alternative but can't say I am completely sold on the taste.

Pentel EnerGel-X
What can I say, its a pen and I am easily impressed if they glide smoothly on my paper and this does just that. I received the one in purple and am surprised that it does not smudge since it is a gel ink. Definitely a fan.

Energy Sheets
I have actually tried these before and absolutely love them, they do provide energy as stated and they are the size of Listerine breath strips. That is one reason I love them, they are compact unlike energy drinks or coffee cups. According to the package 2 strips is equivalent to the same amount of caffeine found in a cup of coffee. A pack comes with 10 strips which can last me a few months if not more since I don't rely on energy supplements. The taste is not the best but they are tolerable, I am not surprised that there is an aftertaste afterward, after all it is an energy supplement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment